Saturday 5 December 2009

A Quick Saturday Comment

Due to my being out most of the day until this evening I must satisfy myself with one post and one done in haste. A few items in today's Daily Telegraph though really made me see the proverbial 'red'.

Gordon Brown accuses climate sceptics as being 'flat-earthers' and says: "With only days to go before Copenhagen we mustn't be distracted by the behind-the-times, anti-science, flat-earth climate sceptics. We know the science. We know what we must do.” Gordon, in truth you know F*** All!
 
In the print edition we are told, in a short 'snippet' that after a dry summer moss is on the increase and that according to a lawn treatment company 8 in 10 lawns will be affected. Well, all I know is that the garden I tend has been sodden for most of the summer from rain and the bloody moss was there well before then!

Again in the print edition (time presses and I can't find a link) I read that a 'stand-in' lollypop man has been banned by a council and the police from performing this duty on the grounds he had not been checked, vetted and trained. The fact he has been CRB checked for his work as a youth football coach does not seem to count!

A short article by James Kirkup is headlined "Wind farms can be money spinners, say Tories". Yup, never a truer word said!

Finally, we have the editorial - and the least said about that, the better. This writer is obviously not one of Gordon Brown's 'flat-earthers'!

Will you bastards stop telling me what I should think and how I should behave? I have had enough!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you have to hand it to Gordon, a new political gambit of insulting nearly half the electorate.

Who knows maybe it will work, after all we were daft enough to vote the fuckers in even after being warned:"vote Blair get Brown"